US Virgin Islands — Due to a recent increase in cases in the territory, Commissioner of Health Justa E. Encarnacion is urging all Virgin Islanders to take all protective measures against the COVID-19 virus.
“Our COVID-19 numbers have been steadily rising steadily over the past few weeks, and the Territory has just experienced it’s 128th death related to COVID-19,” stated Commissioner Encarnacion, “For these reasons I am urging residents to take action now to protect yourself and your loved ones from becoming ill with the COVID-19 virus. If you are sick, come to our DOH free testing sites on all three islands.” You can make an appointment for a free test at www.covid19.usvi.care/testing.
Actions the Commissioner is urging persons to take include becoming fully vaccinated and boosted with the bivalent vaccine, as soon as possible and to also consider receiving the vaccine for Influenza. Both vaccines are available for both adults and children at:
- On St. Croix – The Community Health Clinics have moved from the Charles Harwood Memorial Complex site to the second floor of #35 Castle Coakley Unit 5, formerly known as the Old Caribe Home Center Building. Vaccines for both COVID-19 and Influenza will be available Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. No appointment is needed for either vaccine.
- On St. Thomas: vaccines are available in the Community Health Clinic on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Monday–Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Anyone wanting a FLU vaccine on St. Thomas is asked to call 340- 774-7477 to arrange an appointment.
- On St. John – Vaccines are available during the Wednesday weekly testing event in the VIPA gravel lot from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m
- COVID-19 and FLU vaccines for children aged six months or older, in both districts, are available through the Maternal Child Health Clinics (MCH). Please make an appointment by calling 340-244-0016 on St. Croix, 340-777-8804 ext. 2600 on St. Thomas, and 340- 776-6400 on St. John.
Anyone seeking a COVID-19 booster is reminded to bring both their Covid-19 vaccine card and a photo identification card with them.
FREE COVID-19 Testing remains available as follows:
COVID-19 testing schedules remain the same:
- St. Croix Monday thru Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Charles Harwood Memorial parking lot
- St. Thomas Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Schneider Regional Medical Center loading dock, and
- St. John on Wednesday from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. at the VIPA gravel lot.
As a reminder, vaccines are one of the measures to help stop the spread of the COVID-19, and Influenza. Residents, regardless of their vaccination status are also encouraged to wear mask or facial covering when in crowded areas, practice social distance from persons with whom you do not reside, and frequently wash or sanitize your hands.