St. Croix, US Virgin Islands — After further investigating cause of death and ensuring notification of next of kin, the Virgin Islands Department of Health is saddened to confirm the territory’s one hundred and twenty-first (121st) death related to COVID-19. The deceased is a 65-year-old male on St. Thomas. The Department of Health extends condolences to the family and friends of our latest COVID-19 related fatality.
The Department continues to work to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow these precautionary measures: practice social distancing, wear a mask when in company of others outside of those in your household, clean frequently used areas thoroughly, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine and booster can prevent severe illness and death. As of July 1, 2022 all vaccinations and boosters are now administered as a regular part of the Department of Health’s clinic schedules.
For the public’s convenience the dates and times for vaccinations are:
For adults, age 18 and older:
- St. Croix the Community Health Clinic is in Modular 1 at the Charles Harwood Memorial Complex. Vaccines and boosters are available on Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, for all adults (ages 18 and up). Please call 340-718-1311 ext. 3895 or 3822 for information or to make an appointment. Press Release Department of Health Confirms the One Hundred and Twenty-First (121st) Death Related to COVID-19 August 2, 2022 Page 2
- On St. Thomas the Community Health Clinic is on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Vaccines and boosters are available Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Ages 18 and up). Please call 340-774-7477, extension 5665 for information or to make an appointment.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups (adult, pediatric and infant) are now AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
Vaccines for children on St. Croix and St. Thomas will be provided at the MCH clinics:
Pediatric (age 5 to 17 years old) and Infant (age 6 months to 4 years of age) Parents/Guardians are asked to bring an ID for themselves, the child and child’s birth certificate.
- On St. Thomas - only on Tuesdays and Fridays at Maternal Child Health (MCH Clinic) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call for an appointment at the 340-777-8804 ext. 2600. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- On St. Croix - operating under a tent adjacent to the CHMC site Fridays ONLY from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please telephone 340-244-0016 for information or appointments.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups are by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
For COVID-19 Testing, the schedule is as follows:
- On St. Croix – Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Charles Harwood Memorial parking lot • On St. Thomas – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Schneider Regional Medical Center loading dock
- On St. John – Wednesday from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.