St. Croix, US Virgin Islands — After further investigating cause of death and ensuring notification of next of kin, the Virgin Islands Department of Health is saddened to confirm the territory’s one hundred and nineteenth (119) death related to COVID-19. The deceased is a 94-year-old female on St. Croix. The Department of Health extends condolences to the family and friends of our latest COVID-19 related fatality.
The Department continues to work to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow these precautionary measures: practice social distancing, wear a mask when in company of others outside of those in your household, clean frequently used areas thoroughly, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine and booster can prevent severe illness and death. A new schedule for vaccinations and boosters went into effect on July 1, 2022.
Vaccinations and boosters for adults, age 18 and older are available at the following locations:
- St. Croix at the Community Health Clinic in Modular 1 adjacent to the Charles Harwood Memorial Complex on Mondays and Wednesdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., to all adults (ages 18 and up).
- On St. Thomas in the Community Health Clinic on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center, Monday through Thursday 9-12 and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Ages 18 and up).
- On St. John vaccines and boosters are available for all age groups (adult, pediatric and infant) by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340- 776-6400 for an appointment
Pediatric vaccines (age 5 to 17 years old) and Infant (age 6 months to 4 years of age) are now available through the MCH Clinics. Parents/Guardians are asked to bring an ID for themselves, the child and child’s birth certificate. These vaccines are available as follows:
- On St. Thomas - Tuesdays and Fridays at Maternal Child Health (MCH Clinic) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call for an appointment at the 340-777-8804 ext. 2600 or schedule online covid19usvi.com/vaccines. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- On St. John all vaccines are available by appointment only. Please telephone 340-776-6400 to schedule an appointment.
- On St. Croix, information on the pediatric site for vaccine administration will be released shortly.
For more information on COVID-19, please call (340) 712-6299 or (340) 776-1519. If you have a medical emergency, call 911. For more information, visit covid19usvi.com. For COVID-19 updates, text COVID19USVI to 888777.