US Virgin Islands — With active cases and hospitalizations rising throughout the Territory the VI Department of Health (VIDOH) would like to remind Virgin Islanders about the procedures related to isolating and quarantining.
Isolation: For individuals with positive test results, regardless of symptoms:
- Vaccinated individuals: isolation should be for 7 days from positive test date. You may return to in-person activities 8 days after the positive test date. A negative test is not required.
- Unvaccinated individuals: isolate for 10 days from the positive test date. You may return to in-person activities 11 days after the positive test date. A negative test is not required.
- Regardless of vaccine status: When around in-home family members wear a well-fitting mask around mouth and nose for 10 days.
You cannot test out of isolation at any point. Isolation is time based as explained above.
Quarantine: For close contacts of persons with positive test results:
- Vaccinated individuals with no symptoms: quarantine for 7 days, with the option to test out of quarantine at least 5 days after your last exposure. Return to in-person activities after receiving a negative test.
- Unvaccinated individuals who have no symptoms: quarantine for 10 days, with the option test out of quarantine at least 7 days after your last exposure. Return to in-person activities after receiving a negative test.
- If you develop symptoms: get tested as soon as possible.
If you have symptoms, but have not been tested:
- Get tested and remain in quarantine until you have received your test results.
- Positive test results from a home COVID-19 test need to be confirmed. Confirmation testing can be arranged by telephoning the COVID-19 Hotline at: 340-712-6299 on St. Croix or 340-776-1519 on St. Thomas. The Hotline is open Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. To pre-register for testing please visit: www.Covid19usvi.com/testing
If you have a medical emergency, call 911. For more information, visit covid19usvi.com. For COVID19 updates, text COVID19USVI to 888777.