Department of Health staff presented the Herbert Grigg Home for the Aged yesterday with 136 individual COVID-19 protection packages for residents and staff in an effort to increase preparedness.
The donated personal packages included facial masks, hand sanitizers, gloves, hand washing soap, and cleaning supplies. Donations to the facility included cleaning and disinfectant supplies such as Clorox.
The St. Croix relief effort was made possible through the combined efforts of the Anderson Stewart Foundation and the Department of Health’s partnership with local vendors like Cultured Naturals Body Care, who produced the hand sanitizer and handwashing soap on St. Croix. Similar relief efforts are planned for the St. Thomas/St. John District.
Ana Velez-Martinez Director of Residential Services at the Herbert Grigg Home for the Aged indicated, “We appreciate the donations because I call my staff heroes. They have been able to protect themselves and the residents and keep COVID-19 away from the facility. I applaud them and welcome the much-needed donations.”
Health Department Commissioner Justa Encarnacion also extended her heartfelt appreciation and a special thank you to Ramone Reid, from the Anderson Stewart Foundation, to Cultured Naturals Body Care Management, to the Staff and Residents of Herbert Grigg Homes and to the entire Department of Health staff.
Front Row - Left to Right:
(1) Kimberly Causey Gomez - Commissioner of Human Services
(2) Justa "Tita" Encarnacion - Commissioner of Health
(3) Anna Martinez - Director of Residental Services - Department of Human Services
(4) Samuel Sanes - St. Croix Administrator - Office of the Governor
Back Row Left to Right
(1) Leticia Guzman - LPN - Department of Health, Herbert Greg
(2) Cherel Smith - Support Services Supervisor - Department of Health
(3) Vernita Bicette - Director of Behavioral Health - Department of Health
(4) Irving Julien - Suicide Prevention Coordinator - Department of Health